Subject: How to make more Amiga Memory
From: "Bob Ingold" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 10:01:05 -0700

I have been having problems rendering with Lightwave on the Amiga (3.5).

It seems my ambitions have out weighed the memory capacity of the system.
 Because I'm using shadows, I can't render objects separately.  What to do!!

I ran across "MemDoubler" a PD program that apparently compresses the data on
ram thereby increasing space in ram.  I tried it out with lightwave and it
worked.  In order to render, I previously lowered segment memory to 100K (ouch)
but made it 4Mb for this test and it worked.

The size of the ram started at a whopping 79 Mb from the real 20Mb I really
have and jumped down to 12Mb when rendering which means the compression is not
that efficient but I'm not complaining.

I have not rendered a whole sequence yet but if I don't get any side effects
I'm sending money to the author for sure.

I don't know where it came from though so if your interested, just look around.

--
"Bob Ingold" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]